Monday, March 30, 2009

Pictures Gone Awry

CHRISTMAS PICTURE-TAKING GONE AWRY was the conclusive favorite December photograph, netting 7 out of 16 tallied votes. The next runner up only found 2 votes. Since this picture was so well-received, I decided to post more "awry pictures" from this series followed by the one I chose to use for sending in Christmas letters. It is an argument that the portrait photographer's job is not easy. It is also interesting to think about why we choose the pictures that we do. How much and why do we need/want to show our "best side"? And why was this picture the favorite? Does seeing imperfection relieve us from the pressure to perform as well as the fear that everyone is more perfect than us? Enjoy!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I loved the different pictures. The girls are so cute. Looks like they had fun doing it. After seeing all those pictures it amazes me that you got such a good one to send to everyone. Not an easy task, I'm sure.
I think we as humans always want to put our best foot forward. But I do think that when we show weakness or imperfections it 'endears' people to us and makes them more comfortable to be around us.
I enjoy how you get me to think about things and figure out what I think.

Anonymous said...

I really laugh everytime I scroll down these pictures. I especially like the one where Maggie is holding on to Lyric's nose. Also the one where Dylan is pinned to the floor by the girls. So funny. And yes, I agree, you put words and clarity to things that we can all identify with in life.

Dawn

Rita said...

These pictures are freaking hilarious and I love them because it does relieve me of the stress that everyone else is imperfect also. Thanks for sharing...it provided me with laughter for much needed stress relief.