Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Guest Editorial

Lyric (age 5.7) asked if she could snap photos. I hesitated, making sure she could manage the camera without dropping it, but gave her free reign. the result is an interesting glimpse from her perspective. all the pictures are uncropped. her comments follow.
.
.
this is the flowers that I picked, made for my mom.
.
.
.
.

this is me taking a picture of daddy and Maggie. I'm sorry but Maggie is not looking, so I'm sorry
.
.
.
.


this is the bathroom sink with the water running.
.
.
.
.


this is Maggie playing with daddy. I think daddy is tickling her toes. maybe I am right, maybe I am not.
.
.
.
.



this is the hallway. sorry that it is blurry. I just tilted the camera a little.
.
.
.
.



this is a tree in Front Street. it is very beautiful I see. before the flowers went away, I decided, since they were so pretty, I took pictures of them.
.
.
.
.


this is a dandelion calling out to be picked. she likes the sun and thinks that it is very fine. this is a rhyme.

.

.

this is a window with a tree shadow in it. no, not a tree shadow, a tree reflection.

.

.


this is our number

.
.
.
.

this is our doorknob
.
.
.
.


Daddy, say hi! this is my dad. he's coming in to say, "stop taking pictures! stop taking pictures! please stop it!"

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's adorable. Lyric's commentary made me chuckle.

lazonya said...

What a delightful post. Love the world through the eyes and words of a child! I think the picture of the sink made me laugh the most, and the one of the tree reflected in the window is my favorite.

Darren Byler said...

the best rhymes are always the ones that need to be pointed out. maybe she's more of a prose sort of gal. has she heard her mom saying that last line? tell lyric we liked her pictures very much! jen.

sharon said...

I like your pictures Lyric. I liked the one that you picked the flowers for your mom.
The pictures of your two daughters are pretty special.
mom/grandma

ann said...

that was just great!

Dawn said...

So good to see your view of the world. Thank you for sharing your artistic perspectives with me. You did a great job!