Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Beach

we took our vacation to Assateague Island - saw a few ponies and played on the beach alot. Lyric danced with the waves and I bought a boogie board and hoped for the time to come when I might try surfing. Maggie ate sand and skipped 90% of her naps. I realized while being on vacation with two small children that being on vacation has changed since I was a wee lad. I don't remember there being so much sand in the car, or so many things to carry to and from the car, the motel room or the beach. I don't remember there being so much stress to try and forget about in order to enjoy the vacation. I don't remember babies screaming in their car seats. But when it's all said and done, there are priceless memories - worth a million trips to and from the car, hours of driving amidst chaotic and bored children, and a million soggy diapers changed hurriedly on the run. Bravo to all you young parents out there for braving the elements with your children! It's not an easy job.







3 comments:

Shellie said...

great updates!Good to see all of your smiling faces. Maggie is such a doll!
FYI-the cookbook is at the printers! (doesn't that sound like i'm saying something in code) :) we should have it in a week or 2. YAY! we've seen the proof and it turned out really nice. I told T if I were Matt I would be really proud. :) looking forward to sending you one.

Betsy said...

When were you in Assateague? we camped there from July 19 - 28. We love it there and have been several times!
-Betsy Swartzentruber

matt said...

Betsy- we were there July 26-29. we did not camp but were at the beach everyday. we must have drove past you.