Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In One Day

complete elegance in one bite
.
as far as birthdays go, this one was great. Olivia suggested we get take-out sushi for lunch from our local sushi provider and I took her up on the offer. since it was my birthday and all, I opted for the more pricy "Lobster Roll" that was made with tempura shrimp, lobster, masago & scallion instead of the usual "Boston Roll" with salmon and tuna. I was competely overwhelmed by the intricate texture, taste and aromatic blend. it helps that I place on top of the sushi as much of the green wasabi paste as I can before my scalp goes numb. the tingling sensations that shoot through the cerebral cortex are at first frightening, but eventually very pleasant. I only let Olivia taste one half of one piece.
.
Olivia not only gave me birthday lillies, but commissioned Mike (the potter) to make me a decorative piece of pottery that looks kind of like a big vase. I'd show you what that looks like only I don't have a good picture of it just now.
.
after supper, Olivia and Lyric sang happy birthday for me and we chomped an ice cream cake that looked like the M&M guy.
.
birthday lillies


M&M guy cake

1 comment:

Evie Weaver said...

wow. belated happy birthday. looks like it was a lovely one. I like the flowers. blessings on your year!