Saturday, August 14, 2010

On the Anniversary of a Death


On the Anniversary of a Death

here on my patch of grassy hill

my head above hers, the grave

my thoughts and anticipation sift down

imagining her lying there, close

.

my sister, where have you gone?

inspiration, you've fled

unfettered, you've flown

your mystical presence here gone

.

these are the words of consideration

my eyes looking through grass

"our grass, our hill, our overlook, our sky"

our wonderful memories slanting through my hesitation

.

feelings melt, dripping, dropping

upon the cavernous soul, awake, alive

on this point, this axis between our foreheads

the world rotates, the moon revolves

you are mine

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking about you today... i'm glad you were able to spend some time sharing the sky.

db

adalong said...

One year?! So much has happened in your family this past year.
I pray our Comforter will be with you!
Love,
Ada

Terri said...

i miss her.
beautiful picture.
terri

Dawn said...

My soul groans within me. So many precious memories, such privilege to have had her for this long, such ache to be separated now. I'm glad I still have you.